HOW TO PREP FOR A PHOTOSHOOT
Here’s a quick guide to help you (the model) get ready for your shoot.
The Day Before The Shoot
1. REST WELL 😴
* Have an early night, maybe have an herbal tea with a bit of raw honey.
* If you’d like, have a bath, exfoliate your skin, and put on a facial mask to rejuvenate your gorgeous skin.
* Have no worries about the photoshoot. You’ve already communicated with your photographer and researched a bunch of things so just trust your photographer and rest.
2. PREPARE YOUR OUTFIT👗
* Be sure to speak with your photographer before the shoot about your outfit and if you will have an outfit change.
* (My recommendation: Simple is best. Solid colors look great in headshots. Something flowy and loose is usually the most flattering.)
* Hang your clothes so they don’t wrinkle.
* Put a lint brush/roller in your bag.
* Break into your shoes long before your shoot so you won’t get blisters.
* Make sure your nails are neat and clean.
3. CONFIRM YOUR SHOOT ☎️
* Confirm the time and place of the shoot with your photographer.
* Have more than one way to contact your photographer just in case you will be late or if there’s an emergency.
The Day of The Shoot
1. WAKE UP EARLY SO THAT THERE WILL BE NO RUSH.
* Clean, dry hair: Either wash your hair the night before or on the day but make sure it is dry.
* If you can afford it, hire a hairstylist for the morning of the shoot.
2. NO PERFUMES/STRONG SCENTED LOTIONS
* Especially if you have animals in your shoot, try to avoid any strong scented lotion or perfumes. Otherwise, it should be fine!
3. FEED YOURSELF
* You probably wouldn’t want to be hungry during the shoot. So don’t skip any meals!
4. FOR MEN
* Shave right before you leave for your shoot. (A five o’clock shadow can’t be photoshopped easily!)
5. POSITIVE MINDSET✨
* Have no worries and trust your photographer. Normally, I’d have most things prepared for my clients just in case you need or forget something. For instance, a simple make-up kit for touch‑ups, tape, clips, water, snack, scissors, power bank, towels, mirror, band‑aid, hairbrush, etc. So, just have fun during the shoot. I’ve got you!